We believe in Health.
We believe in people.
We believe in people's ability to reach their full potential.
Dr. Chris Young, DC, MS, CCSP
Doctor of Chiropractic (DC)
Masters in Exercise and Sports Science (MS)
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP)
Dr. Chris Young is a native of the Seattle area and grew up in Bothell, Washington. He graduated from Western Washington University earning his Bachelors degree in Communication and minors in both Biology and Chemistry. He later attended the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon where he earned his Doctorate of Chiropractic and a Masters in Exercise and Sports Science. Dr. Young was a clinician at Northwest Sports Rehab's Madison Park office before founding Element Sports Performance.
Dr. Young loves everything the Northwest has to offer, including hiking the Cascades, biking the San Juan Islands, and swimming in Lake Washington. He is an avid runner and has completed half marathons and 12K races in the Seattle area. Dr. Young loves international travel, which has included providing medical services in rural Bolivia, and backpacking the Chilean Patagonia.
Dr. Young is principally passionate about two things: people and health. He loves using his sports exercise background, clinical skills, and medical training to help patients reach their full potential and quickly return to their favorite activities.
- Doctor of Chiropractic, University of Western States, Portland, OR
- Master’s of Science, Exercise and Sport Science, University of Western States, Portland, OR
- Capstone Project: Effective Concussion Evaluation in High School Athletes
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP)
- Bachelor’s of Arts, Communication and Minors in Biology and Chemistry, Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
- Certified Graston™ Technique (level 1)
- Certified Active Release Techniques (ART)® (upper extremity, spine, and lower extremity)
- Member, Elite Provider Network, ART Corporate Solutions
- SFMA™ (Selective Functional Movement Assessment)
- FAKTR (Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehabilitation)
- Clinician, Northwest Sports Rehab (Madison Park)
- Intern, Northwest Sports Rehab
- University of Western States Exercise and Sport Science Department with athletic training rotations at:
- Parkrose High School (basketball, water polo, wrestling, football, baseball, softball, dance team, and soccer athletes)
- Portland Christian High School
Sporting Event Experience:
- Ragnar Relay Series, Northwest Passage (2015)
- Shore Run/Walk , Seattle, WA (2014, 2013)
- Pac Crest Triathlon, Bend, OR (2012)
- Blue Lake Triathlon, Gresham, OR (2012)
- Hagg Lake Triathlon, Hillsboro, OR (2012)
- Wahine Women’s Triathlon, Gresham, OR (2012)