Element Sports Performance is a preferred provider with almost all major insurance plans, including
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA's)
- Group Health/Kaiser Permanente *PPO plans only. We will verify prior to your appointment.
- Worker's Comp claims (L&I) - ask us
- Medicare/Medicaid - ask us
We encourage you to be informed about your own benefits, so it's always best to call the number listed on your insurance card to clarify your benefits. Some helpful questions to ask may include
- "What are my chiropractic benefits?"
- "Do I have physical therapy benefits when done by a chiropractor?"
- "What is my deductible?"
Insurance can be confusing. We can help you understand the process. Here are a few basic terms to become familiar with:
- Deductible: The dollar amount that you, as a patient, are responsible for covering before your insurance contributes toward your healthcare costs. Usually this renews on January 1st of each calendar year.
- Copay: Many patients are responsible for a copay at each visit. This is a flat rate, usually $20-30. If you've already met your deductible then insurance will cover the cost of the rest of the visit. If your deductible has not been met then you will be responsible for the whole cost of the visit, and the copay will be credited towards that amount.
- Co-Insurance: Rather than paying a copay, some plans have patients pay for a percentage of the cost of each visit. For instance, a 10% co-insurance would have the patient pay for 10% of the cost of each visit. Similar to a copay, you will need to meet your deductible before your insurance will help you with the cost of treatment.
- Health Savings Account (HSA Account): Newer insurance plans are showing a trend to have higher deductibles, sometimes $5,000 or even more. When this happens, either the insurance company or a patient's employer can offer a HSA account. This is similar to a preloaded debit card that can only be used for healthcare costs, although sometimes the HSA account is linked directly through insurance with no card. You can use this to pay for copays, co-insurance, or deductible costs.
- Time of Service (T.O.S.) rates: Don't have insurance or have an astronomical deductible? Choose our T.O.S. rates! At $100 for an hour of treatment, we promise you won't find a more affordable rate for the high level of care you'll receive. What's the catch? There's not a catch. Really. When we say that we care about you and your health we mean it; it's as simple as that.
- Payment Plans: If your case requires extensive care then please talk with us about payment plan options. Your health is our primary concern. We won't let financial concerns keep you from getting better. ***Please note, payment plans are not applicable to T.O.S. rates